Who We Are
We are SEEK Company, a division of Directions Research. In short, we are an innovation consultancy – but there's more to it than that. We are shaking up traditional market research by empathically connecting brands with the humans they serve to fuel innovation. We are a curious collective with a focus on human-centered research and empathic understanding as an innate problem-solving capability. Leveraging empathy to fuel innovation, we uncover deep human insights that serve as a springboard for meaningful ideas. We believe that slowing down to speed up is the key to making the consumer world a better place – a more human place. And we want you to be a part of the journey.
This position will have the opportunity to work out of SEEK's Cincinnati headquarters.
Who You Are
You are hungry, curious, and open to learn, understand, and listen. Not only are you here to learn from SEEK, but you're here so SEEK can learn from you. You see consumers beyond a number on a page, but a human with a deeper story to tell- with a desire to uncover that story and change the way our clients advocate their brands. You are willing to creatively customize projects with fresh ideas, collaborate on projects with your team and clients, and craft a human story through an empathic lens.
What You’re Responsible For
Learning and Development
- Develop understanding of qualitative research methods and SEEK design principles in order to assist with project design.
- Develop business writing and presentation skills necessary to interact directly with clients.
- Create personal skill development plan, with help of manager, based on individual strengths and opportunities to be able to independently lead research and develop strategic business recommendations for clients.
Project Design and Proposal Writing
- Assist on client RFP calls, taking notes and asking questions.
- Assist with project design, suggesting ideas, activities, methodologies, and modules best suited for the objectives of the research.
- Write detailed project proposals, translating high level project design notes into client facing proposal language with the support of an interdisciplinary team.
Support all project phases, learning basic methodologies, with opportunities to lead and practice elements of project work under the supervision of a SEEK consultant. Including, but not limited to:
- Lead preparation of research and debrief materials.
- Provide on site support to project teams.
- Co-lead or lead Consumer Interviews and Group Discussions.
- Assist in leading client teams through templated processes and innovation modules.
- Assist in the analysis, synthesis, and reporting of in-field, digital, and desk research.
- Other special projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Understanding of basic business principles, marketing theory, and qualitative market research
- Ability to independently learn new skills and learn on the job from shadowing opportunities
- Strong writing skills that include report writing and in-depth storytelling
- Strong communication skills that include presentation capabilities, leading consumer interviews, and managing professional relationships
- 4 year college degree
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30-50%, as project work requires
Directions/SEEK is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including disability/vets