We are looking for an individual that has a minimum of 5 years of hands on marketing research experience in either analytics or project management to provide support to our marketing research teams. This position is best suited for someone who is a self-starter and is used to working in a fast-paced environment and is familiar with a variety of research methodologies.
The Research Administrator's role will involve a range of activities including coordinating qualitative and quantitative data collection to data manipulation and quality assurance. Examples of what you will do, include:
- Monitor data collection for issues pertaining to sample, productivity, cost and timing
- Conduct accuracy checks throughout the research study life-cycle to ensure accuracy and to avoid errors (interviewing scripts, data verification, cross-tabs, client-ready deliverables, etc.)
- Assist in the development of reports, spreadsheets and client deliverables
- Provide administrative support to the team
The Ideal Candidate will have the following skills and experience...
A background and/or some familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies would be helpful, which involves;
- Working through the full project process--from questionnaire design, sample selection, fieldwork management, to creating tab/banner plans and checking data deliverables would be helpful in this role, but these skills could also be part of on-the-job training
Project management and prioritization expertise
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a strong client service orientation
- Ability to handle tight project timelines and dynamic deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage work effectively, keen attention to detail & demonstrated commitment to the accuracy and completeness of information, projects and reports
- Professional written & verbal communication skills, in addition to well-developed interpersonal skills
- Competent use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- You thrive within a team
What will give you a leg up on the competition?
- A completed university/college degree in a related field
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g., formulas, Pivot Tables, using macros to increase efficiency, etc.) and PowerPoint (e.g. data visualization and chart development)
- Direct experience with survey design and/or data manipulation/analysis (e.g., Decipher, Q, R, SPSS, etc.)
- Report preparation and presentation development experience
- Analytical aptitude and a passion for uncovering insights
- Be based in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Commitment of 30 - 40 hours per week with afternoon coverage represented
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role
- Ability to work well independently
- Must be reliable and hard working
- Must be friendly and enjoy interacting with people
Independently recognized as one of the top business decision insight firms in the nation, Directions combines a highly experienced staff with a unique mix of innovative and proven approaches to answer pressing business issues. Our clients value how we combine primary and connected data from various inputs to create a holistic picture and disseminate the story in an actionable format to move their business forward.
Directions excels in the areas of innovation and optimization, customer and brand experience, strategic business intelligence and visualization across a wide range of industries. Our goal is to help our clients make the best informed, intuitive and strategic business decisions over and over again as their products and services move through their life cycles. Consumers are constantly changing and so are the informational needs of brand/marketing leaders and C-suite executives.
Directions serves as the independent voice of the consumers in today's business world. Privately-held by the senior members of the firm, Directions is based in Cincinnati with regional offices around the country. The firm's work and clients are global.
Directions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including disability/vets