Who We Are
We are SEEK Company, a Division of Directions Research. In short, we are an innovation consultancy – but there’s more to it than that. We are shaking up traditional market research by empathically connecting brands with the humans they serve. We are a curious collective with a focus on human-centered research and empathic understanding as an innate problem-solving capability. Leveraging empathy to fuel innovation, we uncover deep human insights that serve as a springboard for meaningful ideas. We believe that slowing down to speed up is the key to making the consumer world a better place – a more human place. And we want you to be a part of the journey.
The right candidate for this position may be located anywhere in the U.S.
Who You Are
You are hungry, intuitive, strategic, curious, and open to learn, understand, and listen. Not only are you here to learn from SEEK, but you are here so SEEK can learn from you. You see consumers, patients, caregivers, and doctors as more than a number on a page, but a human with a deeper story to tell. You have a desire to uncover that story and change the way our clients advocate within their brands. You are able to rapidly assimilate to new businesses and industries, particularly within Health and Wellness, providing immediate strategic input that builds confidence in what you can bring to the space. You can quickly turn around meaningful insights, ideas, and strategies. You see the bigger picture and aren't satisfied with the status quo. You believe that a winning brand strategy is born at the intersection of human insight, competitive points of difference, and relevant brand equity. You are willing to creatively customize projects with fresh ideas, collaborate on projects with your team and clients, and identify the golden thread that ties it all together.
What You’re Responsible For
Lead Qualitative Research, Brand Strategy & Innovation Consulting Work
Lead projects that may include qualitative research, brand strategy consulting, and/or innovation consulting. Includes proposing the work, leading the SEEK team, and serving as the SPOC to the client
- Qualitative project responsibilities include: client consultation, discussion guide development, moderating sessions, analysis and report delivery.
- Lead complex projects within SEEK, particularly within the Health and Wellness industries
- Develop capabilities in junior project team members, as necessary for participation
Design, Proposal Development, and Pitching
- Lead project intake calls, identify client needs, and speak your voice and ideas into projects to design accordingly from research, innovation, and strategy perspective
- Empathically connect with your clients to best understand their research and business needs
- Develop project approach to meet the client’s objectives and needs, often collaborating with the interdisciplinary account team to develop/suggest timeline, schedule, custom activities, methodologies, and modules best suited for research objectives.
- Lead proposal "pitch" or walk-through with clients, answering questions in a way that displays comprehensive knowledge of SEEK’s product offerings, industry familiarity, and confidence as the voice of the consumer.
- Leading / assisting in Business Development presentations as an experienced health care resource
- Building and maintaining a small portfolio of clients/accounts to grow business
- Assisting in the training and development of Research and Innovation Consultants (RICs) and Research and Innovation Associates (RIAs)
- Other special projects as assigned
Qualifications & Competencies
- Experienced qualitative researcher with moderation experience and ability to empathically connect with respondents to uncover deeper insights and connections
- Possess strategic business fundamental understanding, with demonstrated ability to synthesize ideas and strategies across disciplines and industries
- Ability to rapidly assimilate to new businesses and industries, demonstrating confident use of data, terminology, and key ideas
- Confident and competent presentation with strong communication of insight and strategic thought
- Strong relational skills for business development and managing long term client relationships
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience, primarily focused on market research and/or relevant business experience; strong preference for 7+ years of moderating experience within healthcare (please provide healthcare experience details on resume or within a cover letter)
SEEK is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including disability/vets