As a Python Developer, you’ll be part of our growing team that’s responsible for transforming how we at Directions analyze and report our data. This role focuses on both back-end data processing and front-end UI development with emphasis on experience with Python Pandas and Numby libraries. A Cincinnati-based candidate is preferred but not required.
- Create processes for aggregating and tagging structured and semi-structured data
- Develop front-end tools that help users analyze and report results
- Construct back-end functions and libraries for transforming data
- Assist in creating data models and identifying entities and relationships
- Collaborate with users across multiple disciplines (e.g., Data Science, Research Analyst, Project Management)
The Ideal Candidate
- Has 3+ years of Python programming experience with an emphasis in data transformation and analytics
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency with Python Pandas and NumPy libraries
- Is proficient with SQL and relational data modeling
- Is motivated to learn new technologies and frameworks
- Has a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Data Science; a Master's degree is a plus
Nice To Have Skills
- Working knowledge of front-end frameworks (e.g., Vue, React)
- Exposure to programming in R
- Experience or interest in learning Python web app frameworks (e.g., Dash, Flask)
- Exposure to cloud platforms and services; preferably AWS
- Experience extending JupyterLab & Jupyter notebooks
- Experience with Python libraries for NLP/Text Analytics
Independently recognized as one of the top business decision insight firms in the nation, Directions combines a highly experienced staff with a unique mix of innovative and proven approaches to answer pressing business issues. Our clients value how we combine primary and connected data from various inputs to create a holistic picture and disseminate the story in an actionable format to move their business forward.
Directions excels in the areas of innovation and optimization, customer and brand experience, brand strategy, strategic business intelligence and visualization across a wide range of industries. Our goal is to help our clients make the best-informed, intuitive and strategic business decisions over and over again as their products and services move through their life cycles. Consumers are constantly changing and so are the informational needs of brand/marketing leaders and C-suite executives.
Directions serves as the independent voice of the consumers in today's business world. Privately-held by the senior members of the firm, Directions is based in Cincinnati with regional offices around the country. The firm's work and clients are global.
Directions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO, including disability/vets